Mixing Corn and Protein To Start A Feeding Program
One of the common questions when starting a deer feeding program is how to get your deer started on a free choice feeder. Lance Cote Wildlife Consultant for Mummes shows you how he does it.
I get many questions on how do I get my deer started eating protein pellets. What I tell people , the best thing to do is to mix it in the beginning a fifty-fifty mixture of corn to the pellet. Put that in the feeder, let the deer get acclimated to it. Next time you go, lower the corn ratio. Make it 75-25, and by the third time you can probably put straight pellets in there and they’re going to be ready to eat it all by itself.
MUMME’S INC. SOUTH TEXAS WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT HEADQUARTERS!
Wildlife management is a major part of the South Texas farm and ranch scene, and Mumme’s Inc. is here for you. We are the largest AntlerMax feed dealer in the United States for Purina Mills, the leader in animal nutrition. We offer a large selection of deer blinds, feeders, and hunting supplies. Shop us online, or visit us at any of our South Texas locations.
- What Kind of Support Can Mumme’s Provide Me
- Bulk or Bagged Deer Feed
- Fencing Feeder Pens
- All About Feeding Protein
- Mumme’s Stores
- What Size Feeder do You Need
- How to Use a Deer Mineral
- What Features Should You Look for in a Protein Feeder
- Mixing Corn and Protein To Start A Feeding Program
- Mumme’s Your South Texas Wildlife Managment Headquarter