How to Help Your Deer Herd in a Drought
Learn how to supplement your deer herd in a drought. Mumme’s Inc. wildlife specialist, Lance Cote, shares his tips on how to add to the diet of the deer on your property in part 16 of Mumme’s Inc Deer Program Q&A.
What can we do to supplement our deer herd during the drought conditions?
During these conditions, your deer will become increasingly stressed. To offset this, everyone should consider implementing additional watering sites along with free choice protein feeders. You want to use a good quality diet during this time as well.
MUMME’S INC. SOUTH TEXAS WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT HEADQUARTERS!
Wildlife management is a major part of the South Texas farm and ranch scene, and Mumme’s Inc. is here for you. We are the largest AntlerMax feed dealer in the United States for Purina Mills, the leader in animal nutrition. We offer a large selection of deer blinds, feeders, and hunting supplies. Shop us online, or visit us at any of our South Texas locations.
- How to Start A Supplemental Feeding Program
- How to Get a Deer to Start Eating a Mineral Source
- How to Stop Hogs from Eating Deer Feed
- How many is too many deer feeders
- Where to Place Deer Feeders
- How to Choose the Size of a Deer Feeder
- What Type of Water Systems Are There for Wild Game
- Mumme’s Offers Feed Delivery
- Supplemental Feeding on Small Properties
- Food Plots or Supplemental Feeding Programs
- Mumme’s Offers a Full Line of Products to Feed Fish
- Where Does Mumme’s Deliver Feed
- Mumme’s Rents Bulk Feed Trailers
- Managing Property with Mumme’s Help
- Choosing the Right Protein for Your Deer Herd
- How to Help Your Deer Herd in a Drought
- How to Choose a Protein Feeder
- Soybeans or Cottonseed as Deer Feed