Purina Omolene 100 Horse Feed
Purina Omolene 100 Horse Feed
A premium palatable sweet feed designed to keep mature, active pleasure horses looking great.
Formulated for mature horses that enjoy an average amount of pleasure riding or light work.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains
Recommended For: Horses in their middle years that range from active pleasure to easy keepers.
Come by one of the four Mumme’s Inc. locations or call (830) 426-3313 to order your Feed today.
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Natural Whole Grains||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
Omolene #100® Active Pleasure Horse Feed
Feeding Directions with Hay or Pasture
Start with the amounts given for the weight of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or
decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight. More specific recommendations may also be obtained from a Purina®
Horse Feed sales representative. Please consult the tag sewn onto this bag for complete feeding recommendations.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
|Omolene #100® Horse Feed (lbs/day)|
|Omolene #100 Horse Feed - Average Activity Level**||2.25||3.00||3.50||4.25||5.00|
|Omolene #100 Horse Feed - Elevated Activity Level**||2.75||3.75||4.50||5.25||6.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Omolene #100® Horse Feed
by 1.0 lb for every additional 2.0 lbs of hay fed. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs instead of 12 lbs of hay to a 1,000 lb
elevated activity level horse, reduce Omolene #100® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 4.5 to 3.5 lbs per day (2.0 lbs of additional hay
divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of Omolene #100® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.3 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided
by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 3 lbs per day (10 x 0.3 = 3.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at that
minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #100® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32®
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Video Channel
- Online Store
- Furniture & Grills
- About Mumme’s Inc.
- Wildlife Products
- Feed & Grains
- Lawn & Garden
- Ranch Supplies
- Gun Room
- Contact Us
- Grain Markets
- Thursday, February 8: