Purina Equine Senior
Purina Equine Senior
As horses reach their geriatric years, it becomes important to address the changes that occur by adjusting feeding programs to fit their nutritional needs. Purina Equine Senior horse feed is formulated to deliver complete balanced nutrition, including forage, to the senior horse with problems chewing and digesting feed and forages due to age.
Purina Equine Senior horse feed provides the specific balance of energy, protein, vitamins, minerals and high-quality fiber (including beet pulp) your senior horse requires to maintain proper body condition. And the unique Easy Soak Pellet Technology makes it easy to chew, regardless of your horse’s chewing ability, and is more digestible than whole grains, hay or pasture. Purina Equine Senior horse feed provides the best nutrition for senior horse. Plus, your horse will love the taste.
Feed form: Complete pellet and extruded nuggets
Recommended for: Older Horses, especially those that may be losing weight due to poor nutrient absorption, dental problems or no teeth at all. This feed can replace all or some of the horse forage requirement.
Come by one of the four Mumme’s Inc. locations or call (830) 426-3313 to order your Feed today.
|#1 Veterinarian Recommended Senior Horse Feed||
|Easy Soak™ Pellet Technology||
|Easy to Digest||
|Combined Energy Sources||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|FeedGuard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LIFESTYLE||600 lbs||800 lbs||1,000 lbs||1,200 lbs||1,400 lbs|
|Equine Senior® horse feed (lbs/day)|
Feeding recommendations are based on average daily requirements for horses of different body weights. Actual feeding
rates required to adequately maintain good condition of individual horses will be affected by individual metabolism
and progression rate of aging processes. Therefore, feeding rates may need to be gradually adjusted in some horses
according to body condition. Aging horses unable to maintain adequate body condition when being fed the
recommended amount of Equine Senior® horse feed should be examined by a veterinarian to determine the presence of
potential health issues. Do not feed more than 0.8 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight in one meal. Equine Senior® can be blended with other
feeds or oats for a short time while transitioning your horse to Equine Senior®, but for the long term, Equine Senior should not be mixed
with oats or other grains because these grains will dilute the nutritional balance of Equine Senior® and are more difficult for the
aging horse to chew and digest. Do not feed free choice.
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.
- Video Channel
- Online Store
- Furniture & Grills
- About Mumme’s Inc.
- Wildlife Products
- Feed & Grains
- Lawn & Garden
- Ranch Supplies
- Gun Room
- Contact Us
- Grain Markets
- No events.